Tuesday 11 December 2007

Spend 46 minutes eating a Big Mac and get fined

McDonald's have been registration plate cameras in their drive-thru car parks to see how long people eat for.

If you spend longer than 45 minutes guzzling your Big Mac, a fine is sent to you house automatically, charging for £125 (25-ish meals at Maccie Ds) and if you don't pay, the just keeps rising.

"One motorist, Jamie Thomson, told the Guardian of his experience at a McDonald's near Gatwick: "I ordered a burger, chips, a doughnut, coke and coffee. I sat in my car eating my lunch, and listening to the radio. After eating, I continued to sip my coffee for a time, and ate my doughnut. Then I left. All perfectly normal." He says he was in his car for about an hour.

Several weeks later, he received a letter from Civil Enforcement demanding £125, or £75 if the charge was paid quickly. At first Thomson, a businessman from Sussex, did not even realise that he was being charged for spending too long at McDonald's, as the notice gave only a partial address."

Link

No comments: